The Story of NagaWorld®
Amidst the picturesque terrain of the Mekong and Tonle Sap River lies the vibrant landmark of Phnom Penh. NagaWorld® was birthed in 1995 in the capital city of Cambodia, a city rich in Khmer history. According to legend, NagaWorld® derived its name from the mythical fable of a 7-headed dragon or “Naga.” The majestic dragon was believed to be residing in the rivers and guarding the entrance to Phnom Penh. The tale revealed its only sighting during the appearance of a rainbow and was thus considered highly auspicious. Reminiscent of a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, NagaWorld® was thereafter likened to a promising symbol of new beginnings and prosperity.
Ever since, NagaWorld® has attracted a broad range of guests from the free-spirited holiday maker seeking comfortable refuge, to the intrepid world traveller, to the gaming connoisseur. Today, NagaWorld® is recognized as the finest integrated casino-hotel in Indochina, rivalling top Southeast Asian and world-renowned casinos. With a multi-faceted 8-storey wing dedicated to entertainment, the spirit of adventure is effervescent in the exquisitely themed public gaming halls, karaoke lounges and gaming machines. The combined offering of more than 700 luxurious Deluxe Rooms and plush Suites in the 14-storey Hotel Wing and a dedicated spa, you will enjoy lavish comforts and an invigorating time of discovery that extend beyond the norm.
Essence of NagaWorld®
The first step through the doors of NagaWorld® transports guests to the ancient Kingdom of Angkor. Experience the affection of Khmer hospitality fused with heart-throbbing entertainment, found only on the propitious grounds of NagaWorld®.
Meet, feast, relax, party, play at NagaWorld®, the best non-stop entertainment capital in Indochina.
NagaWorld®, Phnom Penh is the first and best-in-class integrated Hotel, entertainment complex in fast-emerging Cambodia, owned by holding company – NagaCorp, listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Grand build-up of 1.2 million square feet with over 700 Suites and Deluxe Rooms, an all-suite luxurious spa, designer shopping gallery, 18 Food & Beverage outlets, extensive entertainment services and premium meeting spaces with state-of-the-art facilities including touch-screen applications, and the country’s largest hotel convention space that accommodates more than 1,000 guests.
An 8-storey Entertainment Wing showcases contemporary karaoke lounges - Club 88, themed public and premium gaming halls, and modern gaming machines.
The reputable business and entertainment hub played host to several of the world’s greatest leaders including a recent visit by Malaysian Prime Minister – YAB Dato’ Sri Mohd Najib bin Tun Abdul Razak - and global blue-chip companies of commanding stature. International M.I.C.E. events include Ho Chi Minh City Exposition 2010, ASEAN Tourism Investment Corridor Development and upcoming Asia Tourism Forum 2011.
NagaWorld® is a socially responsible organization with more than 3,000 associates and helped build infrastructure, communities under the distinguished patronage of the First Lady of Cambodia.
An icon and widely recognised as the best Entertainment and M.I.C.E. destination in Indochina.
Celebrate the winner in you. Be inspired at the luckiest place in the region.
NagaWorld® in Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh (literally translated to mean, “Hill of Penh” or more loosely, “Penh’s Hill”) is the capital and largest city in Cambodia. Phnom Penh has been the main capital since French colonised Cambodia, and has become the center of the country’s economic system as well as industrial, commercial, cultural, tourism and historical source after 1979.
Once known as the “Pearl of Asia” it was considered one of the loveliest French-built cities in Indochina in the 1920s. Phnom Penh, along with Siem Reap and Sihanoukville, is a significant global and domestic tourist destination for Cambodia. Founded in 1434, the city is noted for its historical attractions. One of the surviving French colonial architectures is The Royal Palace.
Located on Tonle Sap, Mekong and Bassac River, Phnom Penh is home to more than 2 million of Cambodia’s population of over 14 million. Phnom Penh is the wealthiest and most populous city in Cambodia. It is also the country’s commercial, political and cultural hub.
- NagaWorld® was incepted by Founder, President & CEO – Tan Sri Dato’ Dr Chen Lip Keong
- NagaWorld® Limited is a subsidiary of NagaCorp Ltd, a public listed Gaming and Entertainment Company on the main board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Ltd
- the casino has been in operations since May 1995 in a ship docked at the Mekong River; the hotel was incepted in December 2006
- the strategic locations at Mekong and Tonle Sap River are believed to augur good fortune and luck
- the idea was to operate a floating casino for Phnom Penh on the national river of the nation
- through an audited international bidding, NagaWorld® was given exclusive rights and monopoly as a licensed entertainment complex
1996 to 2001
- from a floating casino, a successful NagaWorld® continued to pursue business development and was relocated to the prime area of Sam Dech Hun Sen Park, a favorable sign of prosperity and good fortune
- between 1996 to 2001, the Kingdom of Cambodia went through tumultuous times both economically and politically – the visionary leadership of Tan Sri Dato’ Dr Chen Lip Keong steered the ship on the right course and propelled NagaWorld® on clear waters, anchoring on “the land of milk and honey,” creating a best-in-class brand product and beacon in Indochina
- since then, the casino evolved to one of the finest integrated Hotels and entertainment hubs in the region
- from a mediocre 100 rooms, NagaWorld® progressively expanded to 250 rooms, and more recently, to a 14-storey 502-room best-in-class Hotel with international facilities, services and entertainment
2001 to 2009
- deep-rooted as an entertainment complex, NagaWorld® continued to architecturally transform to a full-fledge property with eleven (11) Food & Beverage outlets that include Khmer banquet, Chinese, Italian, French, Korean, Intercontinental, Club Lounge, Aristocrat Cigar & Wine Bar, Darlin Darlin, dedicated spa with stay-in rooms, health & fitness centre, premium shopping gallery, etc
- NagaWorld® built a name as one of the newest entertainment venues in Cambodia with a grand pillarless ballroom that accommodates more than 1,000 persons, complimented with state-of-the-art technology, touch-screen facilities and M.I.C.E. conveniences
- NagaWorld®’s expansion cultivated an unique corporate culture and grew from a handful of employees, to a current team size of more than 3,000 associates
- NagaWorld®’s visitor count has increased manifolds with more than 1,000% growth over the last decade and increasing what with new market entries from neighbouring countries
- NagaWorld® enjoys a healthy number of visitors from Vietnam, China, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Korea, Japan etc
- in spite of global downturns and economic challenges, NagaWorld® remained steadfast and turned adversity into triumphs, achieving one milestone after another
2010 and beyond
- celebrating 15 years of success and accomplishments, NagaWorld® continues to raise the bar of excellence to enhance NagaWorld® as a must-see destination beyond just Angkor Wat in Cambodia
- collaborating with The Ministry of Tourism, the Kingdom of Cambodia, NagaWorld® sets her eyes on the wider region, with new initiatives and global presence in Vietnam, Hong Kong/Greater China, Malaysia, Indonesia etc
- as the beacon of an integrated entertainment hub in Indochina, NagaWorld® remains in the front-line and continuously redefines the industry, assuming market leader position